|Reference||Moto Experience / 10 days|
|Number of participants|| Guided tours from 6 pax|
Self-guided tours from 2 pax
|Recommended period of the year||All year|
|Nights at camp||0|
|Optional guide||Spanish-speaking Naturalist|
• Off the beaten track while maintaining the essential sites.
• Excellent variety of accommodation in both Hotels and Lodges.
• For guided tours, possible proposal in full board.
Arrival at Juan Santa Maria airport, near San José, at 1150 meters altitude in the heart of the Central Valley. First contact with Costa Rica.
Private transfer to the hotel.
After breakfast we will make the formalities of renting the vehicles and we will head towards the region of Volcan Irazu. With its 3430 meters high. This volcano is the highest in Costa Rica and it is by motorcycle that we will reach this point.
After lunch we will continue our route through the high parts of the central volcanic mountain range until we come face to face with the second highest volcano in Costa Rica, the Turrialba volcano which due to its recent strong activity is closed to the public, but from our path we will be able to appreciate how the landscape has changed in its surroundings.
Breakfast at the hotel. we will have the chance to visit the Cacao farm of this local farming family then we will resume the route towards our route to the northern part of the country.
This time after several kilometers on main roads, it is the red dirt tracks that will take us to the Boca Tapada region, which is located on the edge of the San Carlos River very close to the northern border of the country. It is an ideal place for bird watching and known especially for being the nesting place of the Green Macaw (Ara ambigua).
Possible morning hike to discover the rich biodiversity of the region within the trails of the Lodge’s private reserve.
Departure to the Arenal Volcano region. This volcano is known for its unique shape and for being one of the most famous destinations in Costa Rica. In the surroundings of the colossus are many possible activities for the enjoyment of visitors, from suspension bridges to natural hot springs.
A day of adventure! The day starts with small crossings of rivers and some more technical tracks between Lake Arenal and the small town of Tilaran.
We will gradually make our way towards the north pacific, where we will quickly pass the emblematic Panamerican route until we reach the town of Tamarindo and enjoy an excellent sunset in front of the sea.
We will dedicate our day to discover the Nicoya Peninsula. Depending on the weather, the season and even the tides, the Nicoya Peninsula offers a variety of adventure access and scenic routes of great beauty.
From the departure of our hotel we will continue the route along the peninsula. One of the main attractions of this part of the tour is the possible passage through a part of the beach (depending on weather and tides), and several tracks that will allow us to enjoy trails with good adrenaline level.
At sunset, we will arrive at the hotel located on top of a hill with a beautiful view of the sea and the islands on the horizon.
We will continue to the mountains near Quepos, where we will stop at one of the most incredible places around. Los Campesinos Ecolodge is surrounded by large waterfalls, stunning rainforest and all this easy to discover through some Indiana Jones-style suspension bridges.
During the morning we will visit the trails, bridges and natural pools within the lodge property. Then we will take the road through mountainous landscapes and agricultural areas to continue and enjoy the central pacific. Free afternoon in Uvita.
Free morning to enjoy the beautiful beaches of the north pacific and then return towards the central valley taking the famous Interamerican route that will lead us to more than 3000MSNM with spectacular views of the mountains of the Talamanca Mountain range and the Amistad International Park.
Return to San Jos and return of the motorcycles.
Morning free and then Private transfer to the Airport according to international flight schedules.
- Of a local Motorcycle guide from day 2 to day 10. (On guided tours).
- Private airport / hotel transfers on day 1.
- Paquera – Puntarenas Ferry passenger and vehicle : day 7.
Accommodation & Food
- 8 nights in Hotel in the establishments mentioned or equivalent, in double room with private bathroom and breakfast included.
- Food as quoted.
- Entrance to Los Campesinos Ecolodge Hanging Bridges and Waterfalls.
- Local guide and tour leader expenses (transportation, hotels, meals, etc.)
- Tourist services and hotel taxes.
- Support in your language from our team 24/24 throughout your stay.
- Any services not mentioned in the rates section include.
- Any type of service proposed in “option” or “suggestion”.
- International flights.
- Hospital insurance/mandatory repatriation (usually taken into account by your credit card or forming part of your multi-risk insurance).
- Meals listed as “Free”.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Rental of equipment such as communication radios.
- Individual equipment.
- Personal expenses and eventual tips.
- Costa Rica departure tax (most airlines already include it in their tickets).
- International transfer costs.
Recommended Vehicle for this tour